Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sharing: From the Vote Against Project

This amazing post was written and posted on Facebook just a short bit ago. Written by Curtis Scott Brown - creator of The Vote Against Project. It touched me deeply, because while I am in an extremely committed heterosexual relationship I recognize that this amendment is about so much more than same sex couples' right to marry. So much. Please read, educate, and VOTE on May 8th.
----

A MESSAGE FROM PROJECT CREATOR, CURTIS SCOTT BROWN:
I wake up this morning EXTREMELY upset, and so frustrated. I dont understand how the brain washing has spread so heavily to the majority of NC about what this amendment actually does. Who opened their mouth to say its a Gay-Marriage Amendment / a Same-Sex Amendment? Where is their proof of this fact? Rather than saying it, state it with proven fact.

Thousands of people have worked TIRELESSLY to raise awareness about this amendment harming more straight couples than gay. That it damages the proper upraising of children, it forces my grandparents to decide between love and their pension. It allows abusers to possibly walk our streets again and lay their hands on another single woman with LESS protection rights.

I am a gay man. I am proud of that. -- but thats not why I fight. I already can't get married in this state, nor if this amendment DOES NOT pass, I still CANNOT get married. I have never wanted to get married in YOUR church, I have never dreamt of disrespecting your beliefs and telling you that "you are wrong."

I have fought uncountable hours to allow religious followers whom decide not to wed yet, to have rights and benefits until they are ready. I fight for the children to be healthier and safer in our state.

I fight for the LEGAL, STATE GOVERNMENT, PROTECTED RIGHTS, that I -- AS A CITIZEN OF THE UNITED STATES deserve.

Im not walking down your isle, so hold back your tears and put down your bible for one second, and read some literature that really tells you what this amendment does.

Its going to eventually hurt your BEST FRIEND, your NEIGHBOR, and if you don't even realize what you're voting on -- IT COULD AFFECT YOU.

You don't have to like me because I am gay. You can still hold on to your belief system and what you find to be true, and right, and holy -- BUT READ THE FACTS -- I've read yours -- now take a second to read the other side.

Brainwashing is an awful thing, we have seen acts of this affect millions before-- lets not allow something like THIS to take away the one thing that holds us against the other states, we are NORTH CAROLINA -- the most incredible, progressive, beautiful state in the south.

Im holding my chin up high, Im holding on to what I KNOW IS RIGHT, and I am casting my vote AGAINST on May 8th -- Because this is more than about ME, this is more than about my sexuality....im doing this for YOU -- for the rights of MY PEOPLE of North Carolina. So we have healthier families, more loving individuals and safer streets.

{ ProtectNCFamilies ] www.protectncfamilies.org
[ The Vote Against Project ] www.voteagainst.org

No comments:

Post a Comment